必备词
- back-packer [ˈpækɚ] 背包客
- hiker[ˈhaɪkər] 徒步旅行者
- backpack[ˈbækˌpæk] 背包
- sleeping bag 睡袋
- complimentary[ˌkɑ:mplɪˈmentri] breakfast[ˈbrekfəst] 免费早餐
- couchsurfer[kaʊtʃ ˈsɜ:rfər] 沙发客
- tent[tɛnt] 帐篷
- hostel[ˈhɑ:stl] 旅社
- youth hostel 青年旅社
- private[ˈpraɪvɪt] room 单人间
- detailed profile 详细的资料
- camera[ˈkæmərə] 相机
- compass[ˈkʌmpəs] 指南针
- knapsack[ˈnæpˌsæk](旅行用)背包
- guidebook 旅行指南
必备句
-
To be a backpacker is not an easy thing.
成为背包客不是一件容易的事情。 -
I love traveling around the world.
我喜欢周游世界。 -
I have got tent,sleeping bags,clothes,food and water with me.
我带了帐篷、睡袋、衣服、食物和水。 -
Is there a youth hostel nearby?
附近有青年旅社吗? -
Can I have a youth hotel [hoʊˈtel] list?
能给我一张青年旅社的清单吗? -
Do you offer complimentary[ˌkɑ:mplɪˈmentri] breakfast?
你们提供免费早餐吗? -
Have you actually[ˈæktʃuəli] done couch surfing[kaʊtʃ ˈsɜ:rfər] ?
你尝试过沙发客吗? -
I haven't couch-surfed yet.
我还没有尝试过沙发客。 -
So how do people get started in couch surfing?
那刚开始接触沙发客的人要怎么做呢? -
They can go to the website and they can register[ˈrɛdʒɪstɚ].
他们可以上网,注册一个账号。 -
You e-mailed the hosts, and they e-mailed you back and they said it's OK for you to come and stay.
你发邮件给房主,他们会回你邮件,并接受你留宿。 -
Everybody who wants to use the couch surfing site has to put up a detailed profile.
每一个想用沙发客网站的用户都必须放上自己详细的资料。 -
What about security[səˈkjʊrəti]?
安全吗? -
How do you know the hosts are on the up and up?
你怎么知道房主靠不靠谱? -
What was your host like?
接待你的房主怎么样? -
I still think couch-surfing is a risky proposition[ˌprɑ:pəˈzɪʃn].
我还是觉得尝试沙发客会有一些冒险。 -
When I first heard about couch-surfing, it seemed a little crazy and potentially [pəˈtɛnʃəlɪ] dangerous.
我第一次听说沙发客的时候,感觉这有些疯狂,也有潜在的危险。
实景对话
A:Are there any vacant[ˈvekənt] beds for us?
还有空床位提供给我们吗?
B:Of course. How do you like your room? We have single, double and quad [kwɑ:d] occupancy [ˈɑ:kjəpənsi] rooms.
当然,你们想要什么样的房间呢?我们有单人间、双人间和四人间。
A:Backpacker Hostel,may I help you?
背包客栈,有什么能帮您的吗?
B:Yetpzz,I'd like to book a room for seven days.
嗯。我想订一间房,订7天。
A:Do you need bed sheets?
你需要床单吗?
B:I'm sleeping in a sleeping bag,so I don't need the bed sheets.
我睡在睡袋里,所以不需要床单。
A:I don't know if I could sleep in some strangers'house.[ˈstrendʒɚ]
我不知道我能不能在陌生人家里睡着。
B:Do not worry.I believe you will get tired and sleepy after your tour.
不用担心,我相信你旅游过后,会很累很困的。
A:Exactly.It cuts down on hotel costs,and I need to pinch[pɪntʃ] pennies[ˈpɛni].
确切地说,这可以减少住宾馆的费用,我需要精打细算。
B:Staying with complete strangers sounds pretty dangerous.
和完全陌生的人一起住,听起来就很危险。
A:Each couch-surfer profile has references from people who've stayed with them.So once you meet people,they can vouch[vaʊtʃ] for you.
每个沙发客资料里都有跟他们一起住的人的参考意见。所以,你一旦和这些人见面,他们就会为你作担保。
B:Well,are all the references[ˈrɛfərəns] credible[ˈkrɛdəbəl] ?
哦,那这些参考意见都可靠吗?
网友评论